Friday, September 22, 2006

I myself love going to Chabad! The Chabad family, the Chincholkers, are very friendly and welcoming, and people who come to Chabad are just fabulous people. Shabbos at Chabad is just like Shabbos in Israel! I get a feel at Chabad unlike the Shabbos feeling that I get at Hillel. I think it's amazing how the Chincholkers are so welcoming to anyone, whether it be a reform Jew, convservative Jew, or a Jew who does not even really practice Judaism and just wanted to spend the holiday or Shabbos with them. I think that Chabad is such an interesting concept, in trying to get Jews to do a mitzvah in hopes that they will connect with their Jewish soul.
I do not agree though with the Rebbe being moshiach, but that does not even bother me when I go to Chabad or do anything with them. I've just had so many great experiences, and I think that my Jewish identity would be lost at IU if I did not have Chabad to go to.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Hayley Ruemler said...

Lainna, I do not know a lot about the Chabad house or the Hillel house here at IU. After reading this post from you I have the feeling that it is kind of one vs the other. I don't think this is how you meant to come across. I am just wondering in general what do the Hillel house and the Chabad house do? Or why do you go to them? Are they simply a place to go and hangout with other Jews do you go there to pray?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home