Monday, October 30, 2006

Ehud Barak

Tonight I went and heard Ehud Barak speak at the IU Auditorium. As expected there were people at the lecture who did not agree with Barak and seemed to have an anti-Israel attitude, some of these people even got to ask questions. One man was booed because he posed a question about Israel's morals, in fact I was one of those people who booed. But what I got to thinking about later was, did I boo because people were insulting Israel, or did I boo because in some way, I felt as if he was insulting the Jewish people? I think it may be a mixture of both. Whenever attack is made on Israel, I feel that it is an attack on the Jewish people.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger Sarah C. said...

I think this was my favorite part of the lecture! Not the fact that people booed but rather the Prime Minister's response to it. He shushed everyone and said that he respected universities because they offer diverse perspectives and everyone has their right to an opinion and the right to express themselves. I don't remember what the guys question was, but this response totally made the guy's point not valid. It was genius!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home