Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas

I don't know about anyone else...But I cannot stand the Christmas season, which by the way seems to start earlier and earlier each year. I cannot stand how everyone wishes everybody a Merry Christmas, I just want to shout back "And Happy Chanukah and Kwanza to you!" I cannot stand Christmas music, listening to songs about Jesus or the Christmas tree does not entertain me.
When I was in High school and middle school I was in choir and every year they would make us sing a bunch of what they called "holiday songs," which most of them were about Christmas, there was even religious songs thrown in, and there would be like one Chanukah song, usually "Dreidle, Dreidle, Dreidle!" I never sang them, I just lipped them. First of all my HS was a little messed up to begin with, it had a gospel Choir and every year put on the Messiah musical. This by the way was at a High School that at least 10% of the school was Jewish.
I just do not think that any religious material should be sang in school to begin with, I do not care if it is "art."
And why do people always equate Chanukah with Christmas? Chanukah is not like the biggest Jewish holiday! It makes me angry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home