Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Tree in the Airport

I don't know how many of you heard the news story about the Christmas Tree that was taken down in the Washington Airport after a Rabbi complained, but here's the link to the story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16150563/

I always thought it was strange that the Christmas Tree was allowed to be put up in public institutions like in the state house. I know that the supreme court has ruled it a non-religious object, but that does not make sense to me. The thing is called a "Christmas Tree," it's not a holiday bush or tree, it's specific to a holiday which is specific to a religion. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on it were.
I just think that religion has no place in any public institutions, there's a difference between snowflakes and snowmen from Christmas wreaths and trees. It really makes me feel uncomfortable when public places decorate for what they call "the holidays," but the objects that they usually decorate with are usually pretty Christmas oriented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home