Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Rabbi's opinion on the Christmas Tree

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16158752/site/newsweek/
This is an article written by Rabbi Gellman, I think he has an interesting look at the situation. He points out that greatest threat is not that the airport displayed the tree in the first place, but that the airport would not allow the Rabbi to erect a Chanukah menorah. Gellman suggests that any group that wishes to erect a holiday object should be allowed to. I don't necessarily agree with this idea, because I am one of the people whom he talks about want no religious objects displayed in public places, especcially when the objects are paid for by government money. I just thought the article was interesting and it was kind of a follow up to my last blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home